Cooper Middle School PTO
General Membership Meeting Minutes – DRAFT
August 29, 2018
Meeting called to order by Heather Capps: 10:00 AM, in Room 130.
- This is first PTO meeting streamed live; subsequent meetings should be streamed as well.
- PTO website.
- Meeting minutes will be posted on PTO website.
- Must be member to get hard copy of directory.
- Must opt in this year to get information into directory (previously was opt out).
- Verification email will go out in about 2 weeks.
Treasurer’s Report: Alicia Bond
- Appropriated just under $40,000 last year.
- Appropriating additional $30,000 now.
- Mostly armchair fundraisers, also Cooper Wear and Candy Grams.
- Appropriations budgeted is $36,000.
- Net income always projected to be zero because try to appropriate everything in the year it is raised.
- Curriculum support: money goes to school and then to the teams.
- Stress less program. Run by school and supported by PTO.
- Motion to approve budget for 2018-19.
- Approved by membership.
Next meeting: October 29 at 7:00 PM (location TBD).
- Speaker: John Halligan re social media and cyber bullying.
Meeting adjourned: 10:17 AM
Minutes compiled by: Christy Prame, Recording Secretary