The COVID-19 public health emergency has upended our lives this year, not to mention the FCPS and PTO calendars.
Cooper Calendar Update:
AS OF March 15 – SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED INDEFINITELY (Emergency lunches available -see below)
March 16: SCHOOL OPEN FROM 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. for students to collect items such as:
- Books and/or materials from your locker
- Any items in your locker that might be needed in the next few weeks
- Musical instruments, where appropriate
- PE uniforms from the gym locker
- Request a laptop if you do not have technology in your home
March 13-15 – CANCELLED Band Assessments at Langley High School
March 16: POSTPONED INDEFINITELY Public Meeting/Student Dialogue with Dr. Scott Brabrand (at MCA)
March 19 – CANCELLED World Heritage Night
March 27-30 – CANCELLED Band Trip to Disney
Emergency Lunches Available
Fairfax County Public Schools will be providing emergency grab and go lunches for students at five sites on Monday through Friday during our hiatus from 11:30 to noon. School-age students are welcome to come to any of the five sites to pick up a lunch during that time period.
Grab N’ Go lunches will be served at the following sites March 13 at 11:30 a.m.:
Bailey’s Elementary School, 6111 Knollwood Drive, Falls Church
Hutchison Elementary School, 13209 Parcher Avenue, Herndon
Hybla Valley Elementary School, 3415 Lockheed Boulevard, Alexandria
London Towne Elementary School, 6100 Stone Road, Centreville
Burke Center, 9645 Burke Lake Road, Burke
- All meals are prepared and packed in Styrofoam coolers with cool-it sheets.
- Bagged meals are placed in a box prior to giving to the customer.
- All meals are available at no cost to children 18 years and under.
- Adult lunches are available for purchase.
STAY UP TO DATE:
Here are some helpful links to check with regularly to stay on top of how this rapidly developing situation is affecting our schools:
Fairfax County Public Schools webpage for news on FCPS operating status
Fairfax County Health Department webpage for the latest on the situation in our region, plus health and safety tips.
CDC website has background information on the virus as well as all the ongoing alerts and advisories.