The Cooper PTO Executive Board just finished our big round of appropriations, which is the process where teachers, staff, and administrators submit requests for funds to support school programs, equipment, and initiatives. Because of our strong membership and those of you who have made extra donations or corporate matching funds, we were able to fund the majority of these requests.
What the PTO Purchased:
- $2,640 for four new cornets for the band
- $1,500 for umbrellas for staff
- $2,800 for commercial-grade water-absorbent mats (for mods housing all classrooms during renovations)
- $8,944 for 16 laptops with stylus abilities for the math program
- $1,980 to cover the cost of staffing at the Model UN conferences
- $6,048 to replace broken and outdated lab technology equipment required for our science curriculum
- $285 toward a Structure Testing Device for our STEM programs
- $140.95 for CD’s that support the Science Olympiad
- $1,000 for new robots for our STEM programs
- $400 for a “Cameo Celebrity Videos” to complement the Words Matter program, for use by school counselors.
- $50 for a steel service cart and $200 in capital for school supplies for our Peer Helpers’ “School Store.” This will be a student-lead program.
- $176 for staffing at debate club competitions
- $352 for staffing at Math Counts competitions
- $264 for staffing at robotics competitions
- $24.99 for an over-the-door mini basketball hoop for math games and rewards
Thank you to all those who joined and donated to the PTO: your membership is clearly important to the school and our students, and we appreciate your continued support.