Cooper Middle School PTO
General Membership Meeting Minutes April 9, 2019
Meeting called to order by Heather Murphy Capps: 9:35 AM, in Room 130.
Motion to approve March General Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Report (Heather Murphy Capps)
- World Heritage Night
- Wrap up
- Bridge closed, horrific traffic
- Thanks to all who participated. If could not make it, absence excused.
- About 100 dishes and lots of fun.
- Amy Adams will chair next year.
- Messaging will emphasize all events next year.
- Nominating Committee
- Slate of
- VP Fundraising – Stefanie Stayin
- Corresponding Secretary – Brenda Beeland
- Recording Secretary – unfilled, volunteers welcome
- Treasurer – Seema Singh
- Parliamentarian – Chelsea Lake
- Membership will vote on slate at General Membership Meeting on May 7.
- New committee chairpersons identified.
- Slate of officers presented.
- Teacher appreciation Week
- May 6-10.
- Gift card
donations announcement soon.
- Idea is donate 1 gift card and all teachers covered.
- Thank you to graduating officers.
- World Heritage Night
Grade Party (Connie Colabatistto)
- June 11 @ 12:00 – 2:00 pm.
- Same day as field day, so hoping 7th grade parents will volunteer for field day.
- Food at party: Pizza, Chik Fil A, donut truck, shaved ice truck. There will be a gluten free option.
- Activities: basketball, minute to win its, guestimate jars, some other activities.
- LHS PTSA (Mary Kunkemueller)
- PTSA bi-monthly meetings.
- PTSA website: www.ptsalangley.org.
- Subscribe to Langley e-news at www.ptsalangley.org/news-events.
for Class Parents for Class of 2023
- Will serve for 4 years.
- PTSA tries to balance group among boy/girl parents, feeder schools, etc.
- co-lead class parent,
- volunteer coordinator,
- class coffees/parent forums (3 per year),
- class dinners (1 per year),
- senior slideshow,
- all night grad party liaison, and
- Also looking for some school wide volunteer positions.
- Contact Laura Skeen to volunteer (email@example.com)
- Freshman orientation August 22.
- First day of school August 26.
sports tryouts start in early August.
Principal’s Report (Arlene Randall):
- Tomorrow 8th grade going to Langley for activities fair.
- Population going down.
- Construction starting Fall 2020 & projected to last 2 ½ – 3 years.
- There will be eight new quads starting next year.
- The current module next to the school will be moved from Cooper.
- Kiss & Ride will probably be on tennis courts.
- 100 less lockers next year.
- Currently 2 megateams, 3 seventh and 3 eighth.
- Next year 3 seventh, 3 eighth, 1 mixed.
- The mixed team is to avoid destaffing.
- The Little Mermaid musical coming up.
- New calendar for next year has been changed. Kings Dominion Law changed so starting school before Labor Day. Four-day Labor Day weekend (Friday – Monday). No more early releases.
- Mrs. Randall recommends book: Marching Off the Map.
Meeting adjourned: 10: AM
Meeting: May 7 @ Laura Timmons’ house, 10923 Shallow Creek Drive, GF
Minutes compiled by: Christy Prame, Recording Secretary