Cooper Middle School’s World Heritage Night is coming soon – March 28, 2019 – and it promises to be the best one yet. We will be sharing food from different countries, watching presentations from our language students, and topping off the night with international performances.
It’s a big event and will need a lot of volunteer help from our parent community to make it work. There’s a lot to do, so your participation is vital to making the evening spectacular. Here’s where we need you:
- How many: 3 volunteers needed
- Time: 4:30 to 5:30
- Task/s: help organize the tables; bring in the perishables and water
Managing the food and clearing up:
- How many: 23 volunteers needed
- Time and tasks
- 2 volunteers from 5:30 to 6:30 to receive food and direct everyone to the correct venues
- 2 volunteers from 6:30 to 7:30 to receive food and direct everyone to the correct venues
- 5 volunteers needed from 6:00 to 7:00 in the gym to label the food for allergens, label by country, place on correct tables
- 2 volunteers needed from 6:00 to 7:45 to label the desserts for allergens, label by country, place on correct tables
- 6 volunteers in the gym from 5:30 to 6:30 to act as servers,
- 6 volunteers in the gym from 6:30 to 8:00 to clear up, move trays, check for plates, utensils, napkins, take trays to trash
Tables need to be set up in order from large to small: Asian, Europe, Mexican and Latino, Middle East, North America, African, and Caribbean. Cards and markers will be provided. There will be big labels provided for regions. There will be signs for every region, big ones for the food, small ones for the desserts. Each dish must be labelled by country and there will be colored stickers for food containing nuts.
You can sign up here:
Thank you so much for your help!